COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

Apply to reinstate a refund

Submit a form to find out the cost to repay the funds you withdrew from the pension plan.

Submit the form

  1. Complete the Reinstatement of a refund request for cost form online
  2. Print the form
  3. Attach required documents to the form
  4. Send the complete package to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan

When we have reviewed your request we will send you a statement showing the payment required and due date.


You must apply to reinstate service within five years from when you became an active member or before your employment ends at WorkSafeBC, whichever comes first. Members who join the plan on or after January 1, 2017 are not eligible to pay back a refund and reinstate service.

What you’ll need to submit the form
  • Attach copies of supporting documents from the year in which you took the refund; these could include your T4A, pay stubs, Income T4 or Canada Pension Plan statement