Buy service for an approved leave
Buy service for an approved leave by applying to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan and paying the calculated amount by the due date.
To buy service for an approved leave:
- Run an estimate using the personalized purchase cost estimator to generate a pre-populated application, or download the Purchase of service application package.
- Complete “Part A” of the form within the package
- Attach any required documents to the form
- Send the complete package to WorkSafeBC People Services, who will complete “Part B” of the form and forward it to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan
When we have processed your application to buy service, we will send you a statement showing:
- The total cost
- The payment due date
- The names of any other documents you need to submit
What are the payment options?
You must pay the full amount by the due date shown on the statement of cost. You can pay by:
- Online banking from your personal bank account
- Cheque, money order or bank draft (payable to WorkSafeBC Pension Plan)
- Transfer from an existing RRSP or locked-in retirement vehicle in your name
- A combination of the above options
You will only receive a tax receipt if you pay by online banking, cheque, money order or bank draft.
You are responsible for ensuring the correct payment amount reaches the plan by the due date indicated on the statement. If you miss the payment deadline, you must continue to meet eligibility requirements, including the original five-year time limit, and reapply to make the purchase.
How to pay from an existing RRSP or locked-in retirement vehicle
If you wish to pay by transferring funds from an RRSP or locked-in retirement vehicle, your financial institution must make this transfer to the plan on your behalf. You should instruct your financial institution to send the exact amount owed to the plan by the due date. Ensure that your financial institution does not deduct service fees from your purchase of service payment, as this will result in an incomplete payment.
How to pay through online banking
The following financial institutions are set up for online banking with BC Pension Corporation:
To pay an invoice online:
- Sign in to your financial institution's online banking service.
- Under Add a payee, select BC Pension Corporation.
- For your account number, type in your Person ID (PID) number. (You can find your Person ID number on your purchase invoice or statement of cost.)
If you need help making your payment through online banking, contact your financial institution.