COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

How to make a claim to your spouse’s pension

Learn how to make a claim to your former spouse’s pension or get information about the pension.

Claim your pension share

As a former spouse of a plan member you can make a claim to a plan member’s pension benefit by submitting Form P1 Claim and request for information and notice.

We need this form to provide you with information about the plan. This form also authorizes us to provide information about the plan member’s pension to a third party such as a lawyer.

Once you submit the form, we can let you know if the plan member has ended their employment at WorkSafeBC, transferred their benefits to a new plan or retired.

We will not notify you when the plan member reaches their earliest retirement age. It is your responsibility to apply for your share of the pension benefit as a lump-sum transfer of the commuted value to a locked-in financial vehicle as a separate pension.


Related content for making a claim to your spouse's pension

Apply to be a limited member

Understand your member benefit statement