Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

How to request additional tax withheld

You can ask to deduct more income tax from your monthly pension payment. To do so, send us a written request through My Account, by email, signed fax or signed letter. Your request must include your full name, signature and two of the following personal identifiers:

  • Person ID (you can find this on your pension statement)
  • Date of birth
  • Telephone number
  • Address

If you send your request by email or through My Account, we don't need your signature.

With your request, specify how you want the income tax deducted, either as a:

  • Total dollar amount
  • Additional dollar amount
  • Total per cent


Related content for tax information for retired members

Taxes and pension payments

Understand your retired member pension statement

Learn more about pension income splitting on the Canada Revenue Agency website