COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we are not accepting paper documents at this time. Please send all forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account or need assistance, please contact us.

Let us know if your spouse dies

If you are a member you may need to name a new beneficiary for your pension benefit.

If your spouse dies before you retire, contact WorkSafeBC People Services and the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan by phone or in writing to let us know.

If your spouse dies after you have retired, contact the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan.

Cancelling health care coverage for your spouse

If your spouse received health care coverage through your WorkSafeBC employee benefit plan or WorkSafeBC post-retirement benefit plan, please contact both WorkSafeBC People Services and the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan to let us know your spouse has died.

Death benefits from other agencies

Contact Service Canada to notify them of the death of your spouse. They can answer your questions about the Canada Pension Plan, old age security and related programs.