Submit a form to purchase service
Submit an application to buy service for an approved leave of absence.
Submit the Purchase of service application package
- Download and print the application
- Complete “Part A” of the form within the package
- Attach any required documents to the form
- Send the complete package to WorkSafeBC People Services, who will complete "Part B” of the form and forward it to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan
Once we have processed your application, we will send you a statement of cost.
Sign in to My Account and use the personalized cost estimator to estimate the cost to buy service for a leave. This will generate a pre-populated version of the Purchase of service application form that includes your specific information. You will still need to print the form, attach any required documents and send the complete package to WorkSafeBC People Services.
To buy service for a leave, you must
- Have been on an approved leave
- Have been an active plan member when you started the leave
- Be an active plan member when you apply to buy service
- Apply within five years of the end of your leave or before your employment ends at WorkSafeBC, whichever comes first
- Both you and your employer need to complete sections of the form
- If you are buying a maternity leave, attach a copy of your child's birth certificate