COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

Submit a form to reduce your death (survivor) benefit after retirement

Send us a form that allows you, as the spouse of a plan member, to reduce (or waive) your pension benefit should your spouse die after retiring.

Waiving your beneficiary rights

  1. Print Form 2 Spouse’s waiver of 60% lifetime survivor benefit and/or beneficiary rights from a pension plan or annuity after payments start
  2. Complete it in the presence of a witness and the absence of your spouse (plan member)
  3. Initial the box next to beneficiary rights
  4. Sign and date the form
  5. Ask your witness to sign the form
  6. Send the form to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan

You can only initial Waiver B to waive your beneficiary rights if

  • You have also signed, or have previously signed, Waiver A to give up your right to a survivor’s benefit
  • Your spouse (the plan member) chose a single life pension with a guarantee period, the guarantee period hasn't expired and you are currently listed as the beneficiary

If your spouse (the plan member) is still working but has not yet started receiving their WorkSafeBC pension and you want to give up your rights to the pension, submit Form 4 instead.

What you’ll need to complete this form
  • The name, address and provincial registration number of the pension plan
    • WorkSafeBC Pension Plan
      P.O. Box 9460
      Victoria, BC V8W 9V8
    • Provincial registration number P085663
  • A witness to sign the form

Related content for waiving spousal beneficiary rights

Beneficiaries and your pension

Applying for your pension