WorkSafeBC Pension Plan Pension Committee
The Pension Committee assists the WorkSafeBC Board of Directors in the administration of your pension plan.
The Pension Committee (committee), established by the WorkSafeBC Board of Directors, assists with the administration of your pension plan. The committee is responsible for assisting the board with a variety of tasks, including:
- reviewing and approving pension financial statements
- reviewing and approving various communication products, such as the annual report
- preparing responses to plan member enquiries
- determining the amount of cost-of-living benefits to be applied to retired members’ pensions
The WorkSafeBC Board of Directors appoints three committee members. One member is chosen to represent plan members, one to represent WorkSafeBC and one to provide an independent perspective.
As of June 2020, the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan Pension Committee members are:
- Wendy Strugnell: employer representative
- James Morrison: member representative
- Paul Martin: independent representative