How to divide your pension

Learn about your options for telling us you've separated or divorced and how we should divide your pension.

Provide proof of entitlement

We need to know if you and your spouse have separated so that we can properly divide your pension benefit if required.

You must provide us with documents showing that you have separated and outlining your former spouse's share of your pension. These documents can include a:

  • Separation agreement
  • Court order
  • Form P9 Agreement to have benefits divided

If your pension will be divided with your former spouse, your former spouse must apply to become a limited member of the plan to receive their share.