COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

Submit a form to change your beneficiary

Send us a form to name a new beneficiary after you have retired.

Submit the Change of beneficiary (for retired member) form

  1. Complete the form online
  2. Print and sign the form
  3. Mail the form to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan

Naming beneficiaries in your will

Sign in to My Account to change your beneficiary(ies).

You can also name beneficiaries in your will. If you name beneficiaries for your pension benefit in your will, to ensure your wishes are met you should:

  • Name the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan
  • Name the beneficiaries and designate a specific percentage of the pension benefit you want to leave to each beneficiary

You can change your beneficiary if you are receiving a

  • Guaranteed pension for 5, 10 or 15 years and you are changing your beneficiary or beneficiaries or alternates during the guaranteed period
  • Joint life pension, with a guarantee, and you want to name an alternate beneficiary or beneficiaries should your spouse die before you during the guaranteed period
What you’ll need to submit the form
  • If you are naming a person as a beneficiary, you will need to know their:
    • Name
    • Date of birth
    • Mailing address
  • If you are naming an organization as a beneficiary, you need to know its:
    • Exact name (and branch, if applicable)
    • Canada Revenue Agency registration number (if available)
    • Mailing address
  • If you are naming a trust, it is helpful to include its trust account number