Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

How to request additional tax withheld

You can ask to deduct more income tax from your monthly pension payment. Send us a request using Message Centre (in My Account) and tell us the exact amount you would like deducted from your pension.

Describe the amount you want deducted in one of these ways:

  • Total dollar amount
  • Additional dollar amount
  • Total per cent


Related content for tax information for retired members

Taxes and pension payments

Understand your retired member pension statement

Learn more about pension income splitting on the Canada Revenue Agency website