Apply to transfer service between pension plans

Send us a form to begin the process of transferring service from another public sector pension plan.

Submit the application form

  1. Complete the Pension transfer application form online
  2. Print and sign the form
  3. Attach a copy of a piece of government-issued identification (e.g., passport, driver’s licence) showing proof of your age and identity
  4. Send the completed form and photocopied ID to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan

We will contact you with information on your next steps.

Submit this form if you

  • Began working at WorkSafeBC after working for another public sector employer that is a member of the National Public Service Transfer Agreement

There are deadlines to when you may transfer service. Contact the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan once you begin contributing.

What you’ll need to submit the form
  • The name of the plan you are transferring from
  • The name of the plan you are transferring to: WorkSafeBC Pension Plan
  • A photocopy of a piece of government-issued identification, such as your passport, Canadian citizenship or immigration papers, current driver’s licence or BC Identification card, birth certificate, Certificate of Indian Status card, Permanent Resident card or Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad

Related content for applying to transfer service

National Public Service Transfer Agreement 

Check your request

Did you know you can now check the status of your service request using Message Centre? You'll find the link on your My Account dashboard.

Sign in or register now