Get more from your pension
Discover key decisions you can make throughout your career to maximize your pension.
Pension education for everyone
No matter what your life stage is, we’ve got pension education for you:
- Getting to Know Your Pension: This 15-minute online course introduces you to the value and benefits of pension membership.
- Making the Most of Your Pension: Learn how the decisions you make throughout your career can affect your pension in this 45-minute online course.
- Approaching Retirement: When you start thinking about retirement, take this online course to learn about the choices you need to make about your pension.
- Online courses: Take online learning now
Start off strong by transferring service
Did you know that if you have contributed to another public sector pension plan, you may be eligible to transfer that service to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan?
Transferring service can increase your pensionable service, which may increase the value of your pension. It can also increase your contributory service, which may allow you to retire earlier with an unreduced pension.
Transferring service may not always be to your advantage. We recommend you talk to an independent financial planner to help you understand if transferring service is right for you.
- How to transfer service between public sector plans: Get the facts about transferring service.
Pension pro tip
Looking to boost your retirement income? The easiest way is to increase your pensionable service (your actual or deemed time worked for the plan). Usually, when you take an approved leave from work, you stop earning pensionable service. However, you can choose to make contributions during your leave or buy service after your leave to make this time count toward your pension.