Stay informed about your pension
Find out how to keep in touch so you never miss an important update from the plan.
It may be some time before you’re ready to retire. But even if you’re just starting out in your career, it’s important for you to check in regularly with the plan.
When we’ll contact you
Every year, you’ll receive a Member’s Benefit Statement from the plan. If you’ve opted in to digital communications, you’ll get an email when your statement is ready in My Account. Otherwise, you’ll receive a paper copy from WorkSafeBC or in the mail.
Check your statement carefully every year to make sure your information is up to date. This includes your contact information, your spouse and any named beneficiaries.
Along with the Member’s Benefit Statement, you’ll also find the Report to Members. This report contains information about your plan, including a summary of the plan’s financial performance, plan rule changes and a message from the Pension Committee.
Changes in your life and career affect your pension
There are many life and career changes that can affect your pension, including:
- Changing your job
- Taking a leave of absence
- Starting or ending a spousal relationship
- Taking time off work because of illness or injury
- Starting a family
Explore the resources on this website to understand what life and career changes could mean for your pension.
- Employment: Explore your options if you change or leave your job before retirement.
- Taking time off work and buying service: Thinking about taking time off work? You may be able to buy back that time and potentially increase your pension from the plan.
- Divorce and separation: Here’s what you need to know about how ending a spousal relationship can affect your pension.
- Disability: Learn about your options if you take time off work because of illness or injury.
- Beneficiaries: Learn how the plan provides financial security for you and your loved ones.
How to get in touch with the plan
The fastest and easiest way to get in touch with the plan is through Message Centre in My Account. Message Centre is a secure channel for sending and receiving personal messages and attachments online. It’s a convenient, safe way of keeping all your online pension interactions in one place.