Beneficiaries and your pension
Learn the options available to you when choosing a beneficiary (or beneficiaries) for your pension benefit.
How we identify your beneficiaries when you die
If you die, the pension plan will refer to the most recent information we have on file about your beneficiaries. This could include:
- Nomination of beneficiary (pre-retirement) form
- Nomination of beneficiary (at retirement) form
- Change of beneficiary (for retired member) form
- Nomination of beneficiary (for limited member) form
- Your will, if your executor indicates that beneficiaries are nominated in it
Having up-to-date beneficiary information on file ensures we follow your final wishes about your pension benefit.
External links for beneficiaries
Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia
Related content for beneficiaries and your pension
Name a trustee for a beneficiary