Beneficiaries and your pension

Learn the options available to you when choosing a beneficiary (or beneficiaries) for your pension benefit.

Naming your children as beneficiaries

If you do not have a spouse or your spouse has waived their beneficiary rights you may want to name your children as beneficiaries. If your spouse is your beneficiary, you may name your children as alternate beneficiaries.

If your children are under 19, you can name a trustee to manage and distribute the pension benefit on their behalf. If you have not nominated a trustee, any pension benefit will be payable to and managed by the Public Guardian and Trustee of BC until your child reaches age 19.


Related content for beneficiaries and your pension

Name a trustee for a beneficiary

Choosing your pension option