Beneficiaries and your pension
Naming a beneficiary or beneficiaries ensures that the people and/or organizations important to you receive your pension benefit after you die.
Obtaining tax and estate advice
The pension option you choose has financial implications for you in retirement and affects your ability to choose a beneficiary.
It is a good idea to talk with an estate planner, lawyer or other adviser so you (and your spouse, if you have one) can decide which pension option is right for you.
You will want to consider:
- Your age and your spouse’s age
- Your health and your spouse’s health and life expectancy
- Your dependants, family and financial situation
- Your income needs and future plans
- Other factors that may apply to your personal situation
External links for beneficiaries
Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia
Related content for beneficiaries and your pension
Name a trustee for a beneficiary