How to transfer service between public sector plans

You may be able to transfer your eligible service if you are joining or leaving the plan.

Transferring service to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan

If you think you may be able to transfer service, you should:

  • Contact the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan immediately to confirm your eligibility
  • If you are eligible, apply to the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan for a transfer to find out how much service the plan will recognize from your former plan
  • Contact your former pension plan to learn about the options available to you from that plan

The deadlines to transfer service vary by agreement. If you miss the deadline, you no longer have the option of transferring service.

The WorkSafeBC Pension Plan will transfer the service only after we receive your approval. Transfers cannot be reversed.